How Can I Get A Canada Work Visa
Annually, over 200,000 overseas-skilled workers move to work in Canada on Temporary Work Permits. The Canada work permit also referred to as, Canada work visa, allow skilled-workers to come work in Canada without requiring any form of points-based assessments.
However, to work in Canada as a skilled worker, you must obtain an offer of employment from a Canadian employer and be issued a Labour Market Opinion by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC).
Learn How to Get a Canadian Work Permit
Your ability to grasp the full understanding of the process is very important when filing in for a Canadian work permit.
Canadian work visas or permits, which are temporary are in many cases available only to those who have a job offer from a Canadian employer who is allowed to fill the position with a foreign skilled worker.
The employer have to cooperate with the prospective employee to finish the application process, as a positive labor market opinion is usually needed to obtain the work visa.
- Firstly, find out whether a passport or temporary resident visa will be needed to obtain a temporary work visa. These official items are only needed for some categories of prospective employees, and it’s advisable to get a passports and lodge applications for additional visas much earlier in the process if they are necessary.
- Check on the work visa application requirements. Sometimes, the requirements depend on the job position. For many jobs, a written job offer from the employer, valid proof of a positive labor market opinion, or proof of work experience are required to apply for the visa. For jobs that do not need a positive labor market opinion, a passport and proof of immigration status in the country of origin are required. A medical exam or criminal background check may also be needed.
- Get a temporary work visa application form from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. Fill out all items in the application package and gather together all additional paperwork needed for the position. Failure to fill out the whole application package or submit all the important paperwork can lead to the work visa application being delayed or rejected.
- Find your Canadian visa office. The application and paperwork have to be submitted, either in person or via the mail, to the Canadian visa office that is in charge of processing applications from your country. Ask the staff in that office about a processing fee; the amount charged may depend on the type of visa and the office. Submit the paperwork and application, along with the correct application fee and any other important items, to the visa office. Any unfinished applications will be returned to the applicants, so ensure all the requirements are filled.
- Supermarket Job Available in Canada Apply Now
- Also, confirm the visa processing times. Work visa processing times may vary depending on your country of origin. Submitting the application with all important items can speed up things.
- Keep the Canadian visa office informed on name changes, or changes in marital status, or address changes, and living situation. Any changes can slow the application process if authorities are not updated of the situation.
A properly completed application form along with all important documentation will make your application process a lot easier. Nobody wants their application delayed or rejected.